MAHATMA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2018-2019
Under Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme, Embassy of India provides scholarships to Nepalese students enrolled in Class-XI in recognized colleges/schools in Nepal.
Scholarship Amount Selected students will get a scholarship of NRs. 2,000/- per month in the first year. This will be continued in the second year also, provided the awardee gets 50% or above marks in Class-XI. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardee falls below 50% in class XI or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
When & How to Apply: Scheme is tentatively announced in November/December every year.
- Applicants should be regular student of class XI and studying in any recognized school/college of Nepal. Proof of student studying in Class XI attested by Principal to be uploaded.
- Applicants should have secured at least 60% aggregate marks at High School (SLC)/ Class 10th and mark sheet to be uploaded.
- Applicants should be citizen of Nepal. Citizenship certificate of self or parents to be uploaded.
- Physically challenged candidate should upload proof from CDO/LDO/Municipality Head.
- Family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum and income proof should be provided by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head and to be uploaded.
- Applicants are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing of the Embassy in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
- The applicants should indicate their address and contact telephone/mobile phone numbers/email address clearly in the online Application Form. Any changes in address/telephone/mobile number should be intimidated immediately through letter bearing candidate's signature.
- Filing up of wrong data/information such as marks, etc. and in the absence of documents as mentioned in the 'documents required' column in the online application form will lead to outright rejection and cancellation of the application/candidate/scholarship and no further claim will be entertained.
- Before filing up the application form online, students/guardian are advised to read instructions/guidelines thoroughly, as there in no scope for modification in online system once the form is submitted. The candidate should keep the Email address and password in safe custody for the future correspondence/reference.
- The embassy of India reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion.
Result for session of Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship 2017-2018 Coming Soon. Stay tuned with our site.